Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy new year

Happy new year all.  Judging from facebook surfing, We are not the only ones for whom 2012 was a difficult year.  The first half involved Ani's lingering back injury, surgery, rehab, and ultimately, thankfully, recovery.  She is running, swimming, most happily skiing again.  New year's will see her making training plans to be ready for track season.  The second half involved me being diagnosed with cancer, as you know...

Jon thought a good New Year's resolution for me would be not to have cancer.  Seemed straightforward enough, though I added in the not small goal of "not being such a freak about everything" to my list.  If you know me, I have set myself a pretty challenging goal here, one that will require constant vigilance to manifest.

Tim told me last night: "Resolutions are a flawed concept."  I think he just didn't feel like being bothered by his mother about my wish for him to set a goal.  But we did come up with a couple of palatable ideas for him.  I spent the evening talking with Tim, always enlightening.  Ani went to a friend's and Jon went out to dance and blow off some steam with good friends.

Tim and I stepped outside in the cold at midnight as all the ships blew their horns, he let me hug him, and we went to bed.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    SOUNDS LIKE A FINE NEW YEAR'S EVENING FOR ALL.

    LOVE,
    KAY

    ReplyDelete