Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hi. This is Jon. We both will be posting here. I am posting some technical stuff in case anyone wants to know it. Laura had several biopsies last Tuesday Aug 28th. We got the results the following Friday. She has both in situ ductal carcinoma and invasive ductal carcinoma in her right breast and in at least one lymph node. The MRI, mammogram and ultra sound showed cancer spread throughout her right breast. These biopsies are also tested for 4 different things to help determine what type of cancer it is and which chemotherapy will be most effective. The results of these are as follows but I am sorry I do not have the report in front of me and there definitely will be spelling issues: ER Positive 25% (Mildly positive is what our surgical oncologist said) PR negative Ki67 LOW 10% HER2 Positive Her2 shows how aggressive the cancer is. This is an aggressive cancer, but I want to say what our first surgical oncologist said,"This is garden variety breast cancer. We know how to treat it and the chemo is very well dialed in." I am very optimistic that in a year or 18 months we will be back to living the life we planned on. It is also my job to be optimistic! Off to Portland tomorrow with the whole family for imagine and scans.

No comments:

Post a Comment